Current:Home > MarketsKing Charles III discharged days after procedure for enlarged prostate -Prime Capital Blueprint
King Charles III discharged days after procedure for enlarged prostate
NovaQuant Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 16:27:25
King Charles III was discharged from the hospital on Monday afternoon after undergoing a procedure for an enlarged prostate, according to the palace.
Amid his return home, Buckingham Palace says Charles has "rescheduled forthcoming public engagements to allow for a period of private recuperation."
"His Majesty would like to thank the medical team and all those involved in supporting his hospital visit, and is grateful for all the kind messages he has received in recent days," the statement added.
King Charles, 75, was admitted to a London hospital Friday for the scheduled treatment, the palace said.
"His Majesty would like to thank all those who have sent their good wishes over the past week and is delighted to learn that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on public health awareness," the palace said at the time.
On. Jan 17, the palace said King Charles would seek treatment for a "corrective procedure" that is "in common with thousands of men each year."
The king's condition is "benign," the palace said, but public engagements would be postponed for a brief period of rest as he heals from the procedure, and timing of the announcement could be seen as explaining King Charles' absence. Foreign dignitaries and members of the Cabinet had been due to travel to Dumfries House in Scotland.
Princess Kate returns homeafter abdominal surgery, 'is making good progress,' palace says
Princess Kate returns home after 'planned abdominal surgery'
On Monday it was also announced that King Charles' daughter-in-law Princess Kate has returned home nearly two weeks after she was admitted to the hospital for a "planned abdominal surgery."
The Princess of Wales, 42, is back at the royal's home in Windsor to continue her recovery. "She is making good progress," Kensington Palace said in a statement Monday.
"The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided," the statement continued. "The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world."
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate underwent a "successful" surgery on Jan. 16 and was expected to remain hospitalized for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice, she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter," according to the statement.
Previous:King Charles admitted to London hospital following enlarged prostate diagnosis
Kate asked for privacy amid her recovery. "She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible; and her wish that her personal medical information remains private."
The Princess of Wales and husband Prince William share three kids: Prince George, 10; Princess Charlotte, 8; and Prince Louis, 5.
The palace apologized to all those affected by Kate's postponed engagements. "She looks forward to reinstating as many as possible, as soon as possible," the statement concluded.
The British royals typically maintain a robust schedule of public engagements for their various charities and personal family outings such as their yearly Easter church service at St. George's Chapel.
Contributing: Jay Stahl, Brendan Morrow, Taijuan Moorman, USA TODAY; The Associated Press
veryGood! (9445)
Related
- Jamie Foxx reps say actor was hit in face by a glass at birthday dinner, needed stitches
- Why Heather Rae El Moussa Calls Her Future With Selling Sunset “Frustrating”
- Grateful Ryan Seacrest Admits He's Looking Forward to Live With Kelly and Ryan Departure
- Why the water in Venice's Grand Canal turned fluorescent green
- B.A. Parker is learning the banjo
- 45 bags containing human remains found after 7 young people go missing in western Mexico
- Sephora 24-Hour Flash Sale: 50% Off Sunday Riley, Origins, L'Occitane, Grande Cosmetics, and More
- Why Kelly Clarkson Is Nervous on a Personal Level to Release Album After Brandon Blackstock Divorce
- Meet first time Grammy nominee Charley Crockett
- As China raids U.S. businesses and arrests workers, the corporate landscape is getting very risky
Ranking
- Highlights from Trump’s interview with Time magazine
- Natalie Portman Shares How She Talks to Her Kids About Injustice
- I Noticed an Improvement in My Breakout Within Minutes of Using This Spot Treatment, I'm Not Even Kidding
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta's Kim Zolciak-Biermann Returns in Epic Season 15 Trailer
- What do we know about the mysterious drones reported flying over New Jersey?
- The Bachelor Announces Major Behind-the-Scenes Shakeup
- Khloe Kardashian Responds to Critic Asking If She Misses Her “Old Face”
- 45 bags containing human remains found after 7 young people go missing in western Mexico
Recommendation
The Louvre will be renovated and the 'Mona Lisa' will have her own room
Mama June's Daughter Anna Chickadee Cardwell Diagnosed With Stage 4 Cancer at 28
Real Housewives Star Candiace Dillard Bassett Shares Sweat-Proof Beauty Tips, Acne Hacks, and More
The History of Jennifer Aniston's Adorable Friendship With Adam Sandler
Residents worried after ceiling cracks appear following reroofing works at Jalan Tenaga HDB blocks
Chloe Bailey Shares How She Handles Criticism Over Sultry Posts
Blac Chyna Shares Update on Co-Parenting Relationships With Rob Kardashian and Tyga
Russia used starvation tactics against Ukraine civilians, investigators claim in new war crime allegation